Monday, August 31, 2015

Indexing From 0

Hi! Welcome to my study abroad blog! By the time this posts, I will be in Ireland.
I was hoping to get this posted before then, but alas, I fought a battle with the airport wifi, and the wifi won.
I’m not quite sure how I’m feeling at this moment, to be quite honest with you all. Tired. Nervous. Excited. Ready to be settled in.
If there’s one thing I do know, it’s that I’m still glad about my choice to study abroad. I think it’s going to be fun, I think I’m going to get to meet new people, see new things, learn new things about myself and the world, and hopefully even grow as a person. I love Mudd, I do, but as much as we joke about living in a bubble it’s actually a terrifying reality for me. I sometimes feel as if I’ve spent my life hopping from one bubble to the next, when all I really want is for my bubble to include the whole world. Maybe this is getting too personal, I apologize if so.
But Ireland is supposed to be beautiful. The people are rumored to be nice, I’ve heard that there’s even going to be rain (shock!), and it’s going to give me an experience unlike any other.

I can’t lie and say I’m not scared. I’m terrified. I’m a bundle of nerves and anxiety and would like nothing more than to have a hot shower and curl up in my bed back home with a well-loved book and stay there for the forseeable future. Except maybe, I guess, I’d like to get on the plane which is waiting for me, and fly off into my next adventure. I sure hope that’s what I want, because it’s what I’m about to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment